Sonakshi Sinha, the ‘Dabangg’ heroine


Sonakshi Sinha, the heroine of ‘Dabangg’, the film that is most likely to replace ‘3 Idiots’ as the biggest blockbuster ever in the history of Indian cinema, is the daughter of actor-politician Shatrughn Sinha. The Salman Khan-starrer was her debut film.

The actress talks about her debut film, family and her image transformation.

You were pretty much kept under the wraps for most part of the making of ‘Dabangg’.

That was a strategic move and something that happens with every debutant. The idea behind staying undercover was to enhance the curiosity factor. There is no point talking for months at a stretch when a bigger impact can be created in a much lesser time around the release. I had such a good time filming ‘Dabangg’ that the day the shoot ended, I cried. When you work with the same unit for a year, it does become a family after all!

You would have relished your time with Salman as well, right?

I respect him as an actor and look up to him because there was so much to learn from him. I have always felt like Salman’s friend because our families are quite close. As a child I remember growing up with ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’. But do you know that it wasn’t because of Salman; it was due to Bhagyashree! I was her biggest fan ever.

Was films a part of everyday family conversation during the last few years when your launch pad was being decided?

Not really. We have very ordinary conversations at home like in any other family. We don’t talk about films all the time. In fact my dad is in to politics and we talk about that more.

How did you go about preparing for your role in ‘Dabangg’?

I haven’t lived in UP or Bihar but I am well aware of life there. We have a modest home in Patna where my grandmother used to stay. I visit Patna once or twice a year and life there is not alien to me. I have been there many times with my father as well when he had set out to campaign for the elections. I am a good observer and the culture there has naturally been imbibed into my behaviour.

When you got into a rural zone for ‘Dabangg’, didn’t it bother you that you might get slotted in a certain kind of roles?

For ‘Dabangg’, the makers wanted me to carry a certain look. Just wait and watch. I might be seen in an altogether different avatar! I’ve just made my debut. Give me some more time.

Read original post at Expressbuzz


0 comments to "Sonakshi Sinha, the ‘Dabangg’ heroine"

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About This Blog

This blog is about the wallpaper related to all type of new thing like gadgtes ,scenery ,cartoon and every theme on which wallpaper can be make

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Web hosting for webmasters